As Scotland’s animal welfare charity, we’ve been on-hand to protect animals and prevent cruelty for 180 years. Over almost two centuries, we’ve grown to become a national charity which celebrates the strength of the human-animal bond and enriches the lives of animals and people.
- We champion animal welfare and encourage respect and kindness for animals across all our communities
- We educate people of all ages about the welfare of animals in our mission to eradicate
- animal cruelty and create a better future for all of us
- We promote the importance of the human/animal bond, and the myriad medical,?social and psychological advantages gained from animal companionship
- We bring those who abuse animals to justice
- We care for, rescue, rehabilitate, release and rehome
- We are Scotland’s animal champions.
Investigating abuse across Scotland, we’re proud to be at the forefront of preventing cruelty to animals. As the only animal charity in the UK recognised as a reporting agency to the Crown Office, our inspectors enforce the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006.
We are a completely separate charity from the RSPCA, which helps animals in England and Wales.
Donations are vital because we receive no government funding.
Scottish Charity No. SC 006467
Gender Pay Gap Report
Every organisation with 250 or more employees has a statutory duty to annually publish and report on its’ gender pay gap.
The Scottish SPCA fully supports this important legislation and welcomes the transparency which gender pay gap information will bring as it shines a light on key workforce?issues. Find out more about our Gender Pay Gap Report here.